Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Well now what a Monday that was!








Flipping Nora!

My poor boys were sent home again yesterday as the match was abandoned without a ball being bowled.
They got 5 points but I am sure that neither sides were happy with that.

And then there was Lancs v Notts!
Holy moly, 90 minutes and more wickets falling that I have heard in a long time.
It was all go at Old Trafford.
Lancs went from  58-2 to all out for 73. An exceptional spell of bowling from newly ( and rightly) promoted Notts.

Notts needed 10 to win and I settled down for a few minutes to listen......................not to be! they slumped to 9-4.
What in earth was going on?
Well they got their win ```````````````````````````````````````````but not without giving everyone a bit of  a shock.

Well done to Harry Gurney and Jake Ball for some fabulous bowling.


My poor Worcestershire were well beaten by Hampshire down at the Ageas bowl, I`m looking forward to seeing Worcestershire at Scarborough later this season.


Elsewhere in cricket,I got to listen to the Warwickshire v Sussex match  on 5 live sport as they were having to scrabble around the counties yesterday.
Sussex fought well to draw with the bears.

I have always been a fan of Alec Stewart, even though he played for Surrey,  and yesterday he really went up in my estimation as he called on the ECB  to redistribute the money that they have been creaming off English players in the IPL.
It is said that this season  they have been getting 20% of the contract fee of the 12 players in the  subcontinent at the moment.
None of this money has filtered down to the players clubs..
Not a bad little haul for the ECB ( exceptional club of buffoons?)! and that will pay for a lot of Stilton and Port!
As no club was aware of this until recently, it begs the question, where else have they been dredging money from?
I am daily losing faith in the ECB and feel that the top of the pyramid are the villains in the whole thing.


 And now its nearly time to start Tuesday properly.

After a major clear out of the dressing room, I have several large bags to take to the charity shop tonight on the way home.

Well lets go and see what today has to hold for me.

Have a great Tuesday







No comments :