Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 April 2018

Well its been some morning already


So far this morning  I have jumped out of bed, been showered, realised that it is Saturday and then gone back to bed as my head is slightly achy, due to a very nice Shiraz which was also very strong.

I have a lot to do this morning including taking a huge bag of 'things' to the Post Office and then get on with finishing off the decorating before settling down to a spot of knitting.
I'm also out tonight so I am warning that  there may be a very late/ no blog tomorrow.

Right lets get to important things

DALE STEYN IS ONLY GONE AND SIGNED FOR HAMPSHIRE!!!!!

I am beyond excited about this signing. I may finally get to see the 'stare' in the real. Well done to Hampshire for securing this and I hope that it is great for both sides.


Cricket Australia  have proposed a new player code in  light of the ball tampering scandal.
I am guessing that pocket/ box checking may be the first thing that they do.

The rain has caused  untold havoc on the start of the season.
I feel for all clubs who are struggling with waterlogged pitches.
And none worse than Worcestershire who have a perpetual water problem in winter.
They did however still get team shots on the small bit of grass that was not underwater.

Yorkshire will play Leicestershire in a friendly at Grace Road next Monday and Tuesday whilst the fabulous groundsmen at Headingley get on with having everything ready for next Friday.

I am upset to say that I cannot get to Leicester next week and this is doubly sad as I may have caught sight of the lovely Michael Carberry as he prepares to captain the team.

I also had a fabulous chat with Harry Latchman last night and I'm sad that our cricket paths wont cross this season but we have plans that may remedy that.

Well time to head off to the town, so I wish you all a very happy Saturday.


This time next week we will be into the cricket season proper.





No comments :