Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 April 2018

Thursday already







Well its Thursday already and its been quite a week.

Yesterday I trotted off to the hospital, for an appointment with the consultant ( or one of his staff). Turned out to be one of his staff ( who was jaw droppingly gorgeous!), however after an examination and chat,he then brought in the Head Honcho and after much chatting and examining, he decided that as I was 'a totally unique case' ( his words not mine), and  he is referring me to the 'top bloke' in the country! Apparently 'top bloke' likes 'totally unique' cases.

And there was I thinking that I was just a tad odd and looked like Ronald McDonalds older sister.

After being just ever so slightly cross  on Tuesday about the IPL fiasco, I read with interest what Jason Ratcliffe former PCA Deputy Cheif Exec had to say about the possible compensation for clubs if players are involved in T20 worldwide outside of the domestic season. This follows a meeting  by the Directors of Cricket and Head Coaches on Tuesday.

He advises that players should be involved in these meetings as they could damage their earning potential ( Plunkett and Willey would have had to use skype).
Why is Ratcliffe wading in?

Well he is an agent and of course his earning potential could be in jeopardy.

Money, money, money, it is the root of all evil.

I still remember the whole Kerry Packer thing!  Well I say remember but being only 21 it was a verbal memory handed down to me!


I read an interview with Glenn Maxwell who was talking about the fact that it was a tough time for the Australian team after the ball tampering saga.
I really could not empathise with his comments that it was difficult in the run up to the final test watching ( his words) 'the humiliation' of three players especially through the interviews that they gave.

Firstly I like Maxi he did us proud at Scarbados.
but I'm sorry I cannot agree with the 'humiliation' comment. They planned the downfall of South Africa by cheating, got caught and were punished as deemed fitting.
If they were 'humiliated' it was of their own doing.

'Fatty' Flintoff has voiced what a lot of people were probably thinking, only 3 people knew????

End of ball tampering please!

Well it is nearly time to head off to the saltmines.

Its cold and its wet so it is plain to see that we are one day away from the start of the domestic season proper!


 

No comments :