Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 April 2018

Sunny days and its a cricket weekend







Ah after the snow and the rain, we have had two days of sunshine, and of course its hot enough to wear your shorts and boob tube to do the shopping in Morrisons! ( not me I hasten to add, I still have my liberty bodice on!)
Yes we are all trying to introduce our pasty white appendages to the joy of sunshine.
Hopefully this weekend will continue with the warmth  as I head off to meet me besty Sophie and Jimbo at Headingley this afternoon.
I can hardly contain myself!
Its all of 3 weeks and 1 week respectively since I last saw them.

Right time for a full on rant.

The ECB have decided that in 2020 at the start of the new franchise matches they will not be 20/20 but will be 100 ball game. 15 normal overs and then 10 balls.

As this was announced after lunch anyone would think that they had, had too may sniffs of the barmaids apron.
Apparently this decision was received enthusiastically! Well two fleas farting can be received enthusiastically if you have had enough vino!
And then they went on to say that idea, sorry 'concept', which is now the word of choice, has been doing the rounds ( so talked about on Friday nights in the Lords Tavern after a couple).
The broadcasters also had a say into the whole thing as they  wanted a format that would  draw in new followers, WOMEN and South Asians.(?)

So worse than new followers ,WOMEN and South Asians, watching 20/20 , lets invent something that makes no sense and doesn't even really follow any  of the normal rules of cricket.

Obviously women have never watched cricket in any format.
I love the fact that these misogynous dinosaurs think they are developing a new concept when in fact they are, in my personal opinion, dumbing down a great and much loved game, to appeal to the masses, which will result in games the length of a football match, and will soon be a horrible as this.

AND BREATHE!

In other cricket news, lets hope that every County team has a great weekend of  county cricket. Relish it, it is on the way out now.

I think that I need to head to work, where I can at least have my mind taken off all of this  and worry about the day to day doings in the Water treatment world!

Happy Friday,

Its nearly the weekend and its a cricket day!









No comments :