Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Saltmines are a calling






New week, new month and its all about cricket from now on as I gear up for the first matches of the season.
The cricket mugs are out, and I have the bags in the dressing room, ready to be packed ( and packed again and again ).
So lets do April!

Its has started very wet and miserable here in the north of Blighty, although we need to think ourselves lucky as I saw photos of Barnsley and the surrounding areas and it was snowing! and lots of it too!

I did however crack on  and hung more paper in the study, which is now looking really lovely even though I say so myself.
I also started the knitting of a Yorkshire jumpers for the first bear of the season who will be given away to be raffled.

As you will have guessed ( and read) over this weekend I have done nothing but work!
I am, as mentioned yesterday, going to  get myself away from it all for a long weekend very soon.I really need it.

So its the start of the  domestic cricket season, but lets see what has been happening on the international side.

Well firstly I got to have my last fixes of Morne Morkel, who despite having a side strain played yesterday AND took 2 wickets too!!!
As Australia need 524 runs to win, I am waiting for South Africa to skittle them today.

And then we have England, I decided to put the radio on through the night and drifted in and out of the coverage ( mainly tuning out when 'Listen to me I love me' Swann was on ), however by 4.45am I had to turn the coverage off, I could listen to no more persistent chanting of 'Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army' and trumpet playing!
And judging by the comments on TMS nor could some of the commentators.

England need to take 3 wickets to win.

 
 I am now about to don the thermals ( no heating on in the office for 4 days and lots of rain) and get myself ready for a new ( 4 day) week.

Have a great one if you are at work today, and if you took an extra days holiday, well done you.



No comments :