Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Mid week and motoring on



Well its Wednesday and yesterday was fairly quiet on the cricket front, which is a bit of a relief.

However no doubt we will be hearing more as the week goes on. There must still be some of that compensation money from the IPL for the brain cell deficient at the ECB to spend.
Watch out for more silly suggestions for the franchise series.

I'm not a huge Alistair Cook fan, he strikes me as a kind of 'beige' bloke, but I am pleased to see that he is coming out fighting on the side of test and first class cricket. Maybe  he is more 'fawn going on taupe'.
He did mention money, which seems to be where all roads lead.

He also said that England are suspicious as to whether there was ball tampering during the Ashes.
I think that they need to put that to bed and move on to the next challenges as a team.

Sad state of affairs.

I'm still trying to get my head round how the 'invetion' of a ten ball over is going to bring in more crowds, and revenue ( and farm animals).

Yorkshire will be heading off to Somerset tomorrow and news from the home team is that Jamie  Overton has a side strain, which is not great for them, but could be a bonus for us.

However a fractured finger has ruled Billy Stanlake out of the IPL now, its to be hoped that it is 'fixed' before he comes to us, we do not want to be carrying anyone this season.

Anyhoo.

The kitchen is about to start to get its makeover in what I hope is the last room to be sorted, apart from a few ceilings to be given a spruce up, I'm exhausted and on top of that I have a million things to sort out ready for the coming months.

My to do list is  getting longer by the day.

Oh well time to head off to the salt mine

No comments :