Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 April 2018

Mainly a washout



Ah the first day of the season with HRR  & DC was always going to be bad, but the first day of the season without any cricket!!!!
And Yorkshire were not alone in this problem.
Lancashire and Nottinghamshire also were washed out and rain at Edgbaston put paid to the day against Sussex.
 I sure that everyone was able to entertain themselves.

I am lying  in  bed eating my porridge and listening to the birds singing.
Will we have play today.
Well I for one hope so.


There are some ugly rumours circulating that money for IPL players may have been changing  hands with the ECB, if this is true than I would say that on my rant on Tuesday I was nearer the mark than I imagined.
If they are creaming off money form India they will be milking the cow continuously when the franchise takes off here.
Its a disgrace, its about time that the top of the pyramid was investigated.

I have no trust in these men and I am sure that I am not the only one.

An interesting read this morning, Ian Chappell talking IPL and David Warner.
He is not sure that CA want old 'smug mug' back.
Apart from the ball tampering thing, apparently Warner was very very vocal ( nooooo  not David!) during the pay dispute last year.
He thinks that Smith will be back but will never captain again.


I think that it is time for me to take a walk and blow away the cobwebs, I have quite a lot to do this morning and lying here typing is not going to get things done.

Have a great day and hopefully where ever you are you will get to see some cricket.



No comments :