Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 April 2018

Its still raining




Its Thursday and in the saltmine there is no taking the foot of the gas pedal. After a meeting yesterday with 'the king of water' it was all systems go in the office as we found out we were moving in the right direction and doing it very well. This is high praise and I have to say that we have all worked very hard to get things moving forward. I have a great team.

Rain is the scourge of us all at the moment I think, and the friendly between Yorkshire and Durham fell foul of it.
The match against the University has also been axed at Headingley in the hopes that it gives the groundsmen a chance to get sorted for next week.
Its got to improve before then?

Please!!!!

I wish that I was a cricket writing hack, because all they seem to do is churn up the same story at every possible opportunity.
As soon as Darren Lehmann resigned from his Australia gig, Jason Gillespie's name was thrown into the mix, and now he is once again being named as the England coach in waiting. I am sure that Sussex have their contract set with super glue.
It gets to be a little but repetitive, I'm sure you will agree.
But is there no smoke without fire???

I doubt it very much, but sometimes my mystical powers have been known to be off.


Great to read that Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands will be playing aT20  Tri series this summer in the build up to Ireland taking on India. The matches will take place in Holland and is is hoped that this will become a  yearly event.
Me too, I will be able to go and cheer my men in orange.

More 'sorrowful' stories from two thirds of the ball tampering trio. Smith and Bancroft have said that they will not contest their bans.
I'm not sure why I am giving this any more time. They concocted a crime they were caught, they cried a lot because of it and now they have to sit out their ban. End of.
I have to say that if you think that I am harsh on this event its nothing to the horror and disappointment I felt when Mike Atherton was caught with 'dirt'in his pocket way back in the 90's.
It took me until two years ago to even listen to him again.

Today I am looking forward to a day of working on new procedures for the gang ( that's all of the gang not just the office gang).I am pushing forward to try to get us working much smarter.
Its been a tough 10 months for me as I did seem to have taken on a role that had been only given lip service too.
Hopefully we are now heading in the right direction.

Well lets go and see what today brings.

Have a happy Thursday









No comments :