Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 April 2018

It's finally here


Its here!

The first day proper of the county cricket season.As you can tell I am slightly excited about this.
It is for us Yorkies,tinged with sadness as we tune into t'wireless at 10.55am this morning.
We all know why.
There has and will be tears again, but I know that DC is watching down on us all and willing our lads on to win the championship.

My boys are taking on Essex, the current champions although the weather forecast does not seem to be great, I'll keep an ear on it all from the office.

I'll also be keeping an eye on Surrey as Morne is here!!!!!
And he has been closely followed by Dean Elgar who is coming to the South Londoners for a second stint.

After not being able to have Cameron Bancroft due to the ban, Somerset have signed Matt Renshaw. Renshaw appears to be happy to come over as replacement.

 Apart from the county season starting being in the news, I see that the USA are getting themselves in gear to put cricket on their sporting map.
They will love the T20 razzamatazz,
I personally think that they will turn it into a complete freak show, but hey its their chance to come into the cricket fellowship. Secretly we know that they will claim to have invented the game and it will have to be bigger and better  than anywhere else.

Well it all starts in earnest today and I  say good luck to all the teams, but extra special good luck to my Yorkshire boys

The race is on!

#coyt



No comments :