Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 April 2018

How is it Monday again?






Well here is Monday again.
And its a momentous week.........................yes Friday sees the start of the season proper.
I am beyond excited and just have to get through 4.5 days until I am on the way to Headingley.
I have the plans for every night this week to ensure that I

A. get all the jobs done that need doing
B. have everything sorted and packed that I need for the weekend
C. just get away to watch some cricket.

I have one sleeve left to knit for the first raffle teddy of the season, so hopefully that will be finished before I leave on Friday too.

Yesterday was busy as I made chutney with some left over bramleys.
I also did some knitting, started the renovation of the lovely Nathan side table that I was given.
I sorted out the hydrangea nursery and checked on the rhubarb.......................which is sprouting like a mad thing.
I'm way to excited by the prospect of my own rhubarb!

The IPL is in full swing, and that seems to be filling the news as we have little cricket

Somerset are playing a friendly against Ireland which was on t'wireless and I listened to as I pottered around in the kitchen.

And then there is more fall out after the world cup qualifiers, as Zimbabwe sacked  Heath Streak from his role as head coach, after they failed  to make the 2019 World Cup, he was not alone as most of the coaches in the team were sacked after they refused to resign.

There are rumblings about 'racism' within the team in the selection, Streak is at the forefront of the allegations.
He is currently part of the coaching set up with an IPL team and denies the allegations saying that they are clutching at straws.
He also took to social media ( of course he did)  and answered his critics in the Zimbabwean native language.
I remember seeing him when he arrived at Northlands Road to take a place with Hampshire. Very confident young man!

And talking Hampshire, I am still trying to get sorted with my flight 'darn sarf' for the Yorkshire match.
I hope to be cheering on 'me lads', and  I will also  meeting up with my besty chum Terry, who looks after all the lads at the Ageas Bowl.
I hope that I can get something in place.

Well time and tide wait for no lady, the only place that I am going at the moment is to face the A167, although it is still the Easter holibobs so that means that the roads will be fairly quiet again this week.

Lets go and do Monday!



No comments :