Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Can you teach an old dog new tricks?





So yesterday after deciding that something had to change on the activity front, I decided to download the 'Couch to 5K' app  onto my phone.
I'm aiming on going from whale to wow ( or  just 'OK' but it didn't sound so good)
This is supposed to have me running for 30 minutes in 9 weeks! (good luck with that)
Starting with  getting out 3 times a week to get you into the swing of it.

Home I went and hunted out my leggings, trainers and sports top with incorporated bra.

Ah yes, there they were loitering at the back of the drawers, however what I forgotten to take into account was that I am slightly on the 'chubbier' side than when I last wore them, and lycra may be a miracle fabric, but it has its limitations.

After fighting into the leggings,( like cramming too much meat into the sausage skin), I  then nearly dislocated my shoulder trying to get into the top/bra, everything was squeezed to erupting point.

I was unsure whether to bend down to put on my trainers for fear of a monumental spillage.

Have you ever tried to put trainers on whilst lying on the bed?, believe me that was like some serious yoga move!

 Off the bed, and after putting on a hoodie, I headed out for my first 'walk'.

I got home in one piece and also with everything still in place.

I'll be out doing it all again on Thursday evening, hopefully my shoulder will be better by then!!!! ( its still hanging limply by my side)

So the answer to the above question is, you can try, try, try, and hopefully you will succeed.

In other news, England drew the final test  but in theory lost! ( see all that 'Barmy Army, Barmy Army' chanting was to no avail). Coach Bayliss has hinted that there will be changes in the team and that there are opportunities for all domestic players.
Now there is a poison chalice if ever there was one.

The ECB have notified everyone of who they will allow to be available for county matches. We get Joe Root and JB back but for away matches. Not so great for those of us who cant get to many aways!


Interesting to read, that TLJL has been practising his 'off spin' over the winter, so hopefully we will see him coming through bowling too. great to see more development from within.

South Africa, put Australia in their place and sent them home with their tails between their legs. I have to say that I feel no sorrow or pity for the team, the disgraced players or the now former  coach.

If the papers are to be believed then David Warner is to 'sprag' on his former team mates to get a reduced ban.

I hope this is untrue as it will make him even more detested if that is possible!
He could never hope to share a dressing room with any of them ever again.

It also was the last time that Morne Morkel would be in South Africa colours, and what a sad day. He is and always will be one of my favourite bowlers.

Well time to head out of the door as I have a day of meetings and I am not looking forward to these.

Have a great day, it is Wednesday already!!!!!



No comments :