Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 April 2018

back to earth with a bump





Well I am up and dressed but am I ready for the week ahead?

 I would say no!

However on a positive note, I am geared up to push for healthy eating and hopefully some ( a lot of) weightloss.
The plan has been put into action and there is no excuse ( and I actually have no choice as its quite urgent that I shed some weight).

So back to yesterday, after waking up to sunshine and blue skies, we headed off into town in search of food. as we wandered up Cardigan Road, we could see the sky clouding over.
We nipped into Mint cafe were Sophie had their special breakfast and I had their vegan breakfast, which I can highly recommend.
As we walked back to the hotel, it was getting more dark as black clouds came over.

We checked out of the hotel after chatting to Adam Lyths wife and the adorable Ruby.
Rain started and play was delayed until 11.20am.

They made it out onto the field, I was cheering TLJL but rain came down and off they went.

After a spell in the Long Room, we both decided that we should head home.
Both arriving at our respective homes within minutes of each other.
And of course Yorrkshire had come back out!

So TLJL did not make his half century as I was hoping, he got stuck on 37!
Captain Ballance put on a good show but didn't get his century either.
Today I think that it will be over before lunch, as Notts start the day on 181-8

I  have to say a huge thank you to Sophie, for making the weekend just brilliant, and to Jim and Rob for the entertainment on Friday afternoon. 
It was just what I needed, although I still have several mountains to climb this week.

 Somerset beat Worcestershire,
Essex beat Lancashire
And in division 2 Middlesex look in a spot of bother.

And bother is what is happening in Australia,
If we are all a tad cheesed off with the ECB we are not alone.
Shane Warne ( formally known as Mr Elizabeth Hurley) is getting a bit shouty at Cricket Australia in there bid to change the format of BBL, the franchise T20.
They want to increase the games which in turn will generate more money.........


and there it is again!
Money!

Here the franchise debate dips to even lower depths as Andrew Strauss says the 100 ball format is aimed at 'Mums and kids' , well firstly as most grounds won't let dogs in, how the hell can they justify people taking goats in???
secondly I will have to go out and buy a goat to be able to qualify as I am not a Mum.

Seriously though I found that statement slightly patronising, 'mums' do go to cricket,
Although in his eyes I am sure that the mums can watch the game AFTER they have done the cricket teas and washed up!

Right that's all folks I'm off the the salt mine.

Have a good day.



No comments :