Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 April 2018

And its Monday again


Not sure how it got to be Monday again! Its only a blink since it was Thursday.
Its raining here again and this is more April monsoon than April showers.
I awaiting the much murmured heat wave arriving, if its not here by Wednesday, I'm packing a fan heater to take with me for the weekend, hotel heating can be notoriously 'iffy'.

So it was a first yesterday as ( apat from on holiday) I was in a pub at 10am, I was not however drinking alcohol as I knew that I would be driving home sooner rather than later.
A grey day it was and after Jim and I read the statement from Yorkshires CEO regarding the drainage situation at the ground, I decided that it was home for me.

I spent the afternoon , listing more things on ebay as I  go into clear out overdrive, its going to be a very busy time for me I can tell you. The end result though will be great as I push onto new pastures.

Its been a very sad and sorry start to the season for both Yorkshire and Essex, with no play in 3 days, although across on the 'dark side' Notts have taken a first innings lead against the hosts.

Down at the Ageas bowl its gearing up to be a push for Worcestershire today as they need 265 to win  and have 7 wickets in hand. These are my two little pet teams and I'm hard pushed to say who I would want to win.

Readers may remember last year when Jim and I were watching Yorks v Middx we struck up a conversation with Middx bowler James Harris, he kept us very entertained through the morning session with his chat and very nice man he is and a credit to the club ( as I told Harry Latchman).
Well he was a credit to the club indeed this weekend as they thrashed Northants. James had bowling figures of 9-48. He was also the top scorer in the first innings with a great knock of 46.
Very well done James.
TIm Murtagh also had cracking bowling figures, I am thinking that the former Champions are on the promotion path already.

Warwickshire V Sussex saw the host take control yesterday.
I'm thinking that they will clean up today.


Right I am about to head into the rain and cold and see what this week brings in at the office.

I would love a bit of sunshine which would greatly boost my depleted happy hormones.

Have a great day.





No comments :