Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 February 2018

Weekend away







Well I am up and nearly ready to head off for a weekend away, If you can't guess where, take a look at the picture above.
Yes I am off to Ponte Carlo to eat my body weight in the above delights and then lose the said weight very quickly  with the 'effect' that liquorice can have on  your system.

Oh dear way too early for that type of talk!

Yesterday afternoon I went and had lunch in town, it was lovely and the hotel was very nice too although with 'The Dolphin Centre' to the front and 'Feethams' car park to the rear, the view from the bedrooms must be a tad bland.
We then headed off to the cinema to see 'Finding Your Feet' which was a brilliant British film, with a great cast. ( you know you are in for a treat when Celia Imrie is in it!).
I would recommend it, and I am saying no more about it. Just go!

I headed home, and on a whim decided to colour the afro. I am now a rather nice shade of 'blinger' although how long that will stay I have no idea.

Right enough of my nonsense lets see what nonsense has been rearing its head in the cricket world.

Well Ireland were showing their form against Hong Kong, or rather Paul Stirling, the man mole hill, was. his 156 helped the team to a 3 run win, close I would say!
It will be interesting to see the result of the World Cup qualifiers.

It is understood that Adil Rashid and Alex Hales are looking for a gig in the Caribbean Premier League  in their aim for white ball riches.
I'm not sure how this will work, as they will be expected to appear for County T20, group stages run from July 4th to August 17th and the CPL starts on August 8th.
The knock out stages run after that with finals day on Spetember 15th.
There could be some travelling involved if both teams got through to finals!

Rashid also came clean about is decision saying that sometimes last year his heart wasn't in it! This statement alone makes me shudder, I guess it wasn't in it at the last match of the 2016 season either.



AND BREATH!


Interesting to read that Moeen Ali who backed the decision of the above players, is saying that he fears for test cricket. Hes says that during the Ashes their were poor crowds, although  there were a couple of 'big days'.
This is contrary to tweets between Jason Gillespie and Lady lainey's favourite cricketer turned rock drummer, Joe Scuderi. Gillespie said that that there were great crowds at the Ashes. ( they were discussing T20 over test and 4 day cricket and Tests).
So is test and county championship about to die.
When players are saying this I am upset beyond belief. Ali has made his name in this showground, and should not forget that!

Jon Lewis  has taken over as England under 19 coach , well mate make the most of it as it looks like the long form  is on the way out!

Right I am off to the Post  Office and then its Ponte Carlo or bust!

Happy Saturday,

I am not sure what time or if there will be a blog tomorrow either way have a great weekend.



No comments :