Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 February 2018

The weekend is looming






OOOOHHH!!! it is Friday and it is half day and I can go home and sleep get on with decorating!

Well I think that I may have a cocktail later to celebrate getting through the week.

First though I have to get through the half day!

I am sure that it will fly by and that I can go and collect my new set of drawers for the newly decorated bedroom.

I tell you there is no end of excitement in my life!

Right lets crack on with cricket news.

Aaron Finch, the turncoat former Tyke overseas player,has been ruled out of the Tri Series opener. He has a hamstring injury. It was decided to rest him and means that his place could open up to D'Arcy Short, in his possible debut ( or as they say in Oz 'dayboo').


In the county championship, Dawid Malan has been named Middlesex Captain, across all formats. Great news for the club and hopefully it will be a successful  season for them.

Stokes has been named in the One Day team to take on New Zealia, meaning that the above, Dawid Malan has been dropped.
I am getting a little sick of hearing that Stokes has been selected.

And then there is Mark Wood who is bleating on about how it was a 'bitter pill' to sit out the Ashes, after being pushed to get fit,
Personally I think that he was lucky to be selected as he had spent most of last season injured.

These boys are becoming more and more diva like by the minute!

Yesterday I listened to the BBL match between Perth Scorchers and Hobart Hurricanes and what a game it was for Hobart, who well and truly annihilated Perth.
There was a brave last stand by Timmy Bresnan but to no avail.
I am putting my money on Hobart taking the crown.


Ah well time to head off and start the working day.

I will be ordering bacon butties for the team this morning as I think that they all deserve them after the last couple of days, so best go, so that I can get the order  in to 'Big Al'.

Happy Friday, its nearly the weekend!!!!!

No comments :