Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 February 2018

News Saturday

It is with a broken heart that I start the blog this morning, I was given news last night by the brother of Commando Boy.

HE IS GETTING MARRIED!

Oh my dog! I am once again overlooked and left on the shelf.

Well girl, just pull yourself together and remember that Sean Bean has been married for nearly 6 months so it is about time for a divorce there and plan B can get back into operation.

I'm dusting my once worn very pretty wedding shoes as I type!( unlike Sean's,5 times well worn shoes).


Well sorry to bore you with that nugget of info lets have a look at the cricket stuff.

More sad news this time from the England camp, as Liam Plunkett is out of the rest of the T20's and ODI's with a hamstring injury.
After Plunketts reinvention at Yorkshire, he was lucky enough to get a second bite of the England cherry, sadly he has been dogged by injury.
Of course some hacks were alluding to the arrival of Stokes in New Zealia as a possible 'saviour' of the moment.
Not sure how this can be as he has not played any cricket, but there are always those who will jump on the Stokes bandwagon.


'Rashgate' rumbles on and now David Willey has waded in saying that 'more will follow.
Not that I take much notice of him, in my opinion he has never lived up to his hype at Yorkshire. Yes he can hit big in T20 but that is about it.

And after a very funny FB conversation with my cricket chum Gary this morning about the above state of affairs I have to say that I am laughing.

Maybe I am way too serious about cricket!!!

Australia beat New Zealia yesterday and gave them a master class in 'runchase' as they smashed a run chase record to win.

Just give them the Tri series trophy now.


Oh and super big Happy birthday greeting to Abraham Benjamin. Im sure when he reads the blog he'll be glad to get a mention!!!

Away from cricket, it was wonderful to see the lovely Jackie  Harrison and her beautiful baby Border Terrier Spike, get their picture on the Clarence House Twitter feed, after meeting Prince Charles.
If you are not aware of Jackie, she campaigns tirelessly to raise money for research into Huntington's, which is in her family.
She makes fabulous little 'hounds' for people to take with them on travels to spread the word about Huntington's.
I personally have a 'Sybil' ( the name of the little 'hound' ) and she has been over to France with me. She will be touring the cricket grounds of England with me too this summer.
If you are on twitter look out for #sybilontour

Right it is time to head to town and dump a load of stuff at the charity shop, after turning the bedroom a bit 'scandi' I now am so 'hygge' that I am going to work this through the rest of the house, out with the dark and in with the light.
See, all that studying Interior design,all those years ago may finally be paying off!

Until tomorrow


No comments :