Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 February 2018

Make every day count



I try to write my blog every day and I think that sometimes it seems as if I will the  week away for the weekend, or the weeks away for the cricket season.
In some ways I do, but really I believe in making every day count.
I try to do something that will enhance my life every day, whether it is just keeping the house tidy, (usually decorating it )or trying to help out others. I like to think that every day is an opportunity.

Today however is going to be a bit of a struggle as the cough has returned along with runny nose and temperature. What on earth is going around? I have had one week of feeling properly well and then bang! I am back where I started from.
I must not have been kind enough to some people or some one is sticking pins in me!( this is top of the list)

So onto cricket before I decide fall back into bed,

Whilst scanning cricket I spot one word in a headline and  get very excited.
The word was  'BOLLINGER'
My mind goes into over drive
..............to sponsor Yorkshire
............. to be given away free at all cricket matches

sadly neither of the above, but sad to see that Doug Bollinger the Aussie left arm bowler has announced his retirement, He played briefly for Australia and was latterly with the Sidney Sixers, where he played two matches in the last series.
A huge cult figure, with his bubbly personality and aggressive bowling,he was a huge favourite with the fans.

The Big Bash final yesterday saw the Strikers take the crown and Jake Weatherald be the first person to hit a century in a final, he finished on 115.

Decision day is looming for counties who are bidding to host one of the eight franchise T20's.
The ECB will make their decisions known on February 14th.
So will us Yorkies love the ECB?
The new tournament scheduled for 2020 will consist of 8 franchises playing 36 games through the main part of the summer,
Even as I am typing this, it still is not sitting well with me, I know that the finacial aspect  is important, but you have to be one of the 'BIG 8' to benefit.
I am however sick of seeing that the ECB think that this will make the game grow in England.
Yes children dreaming of only playing 20 overs and making a lot of money!

Again a total disregard of the County Championship.

We will actually know who is are the winners next week.

my prediction?

rather not put it down but sure that Edgbaston, The Oval and Old Trafford will loom large!

Right, with a fuzzy head, streaming nose and hacking cough, I am off to work.

And not happy about hearing that this week is going to be the coldest of the winter so far!

Hope that you have a good day/















No comments :