Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 February 2018

I'll be glad to see the back of this week!



Well it is 4am I have been awake since 3am and I am not sure if I will make it to midday without completely powering down.

Its been some week!

Yesterday I got the news that Leo the doberman had passed away. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement. I remember his first day with the rest of the hounds, most especially him trying to  kiss me and poking his nose in my eye.
Yes he was a character, all 9-10 stone of him, which he usually managed to haul onto my knee.
I can tell you that once he had fallen asleep  there was no moving him.
The other side of this heartbreak is that it is a blessing really as he was diabetic and had gone blind last year and his health was deteriorating very quickly. It still doesn't make it any easier to know that he won't be waiting at the door for me on my weekly visits.

So onto other things,

Firstly I am beyond excited at the news that Abraham Benjamin will be back with the South African team for the last three ODI's after being sidelined with a finger injury. Its not known if he will be fit for the Pink ODI but it must be a huge boost for the team to know he is back. Injuries are really plaguing the team.


News from the West Indies  is that Richard Pybus has once again taken up the role of High Performance Director.
Pybus who is better known for being so successful with South Africa and being part of the system that brought through Dale Steyn, AB and Faf.



England  have named former Sussex batsman Carl Hopkinson as their new lead fielding coach.
So does this mean that there is also someone with the title of just 'Fielding coach'? and is there an 'under' fielding coach?
It makes me wonder how large the support staff really is for the team.


Happy Birthday greetings to my favourite ever Aussie bowler Glenn McGrath, a true great and with integrity to boot!

And finally it is just over 3 weeks since I wrote to the ECB and of course, unsurprisingly I have not had a response.
I hardly expected one, as I know they will be too busy putting together the plans to bring down the County Championship, but common courtesy costs nothing..........well may be the price of a first class stamp!
I suppose it is 65p less to spend on Port and Brandy!

Until tomorrow!


No comments :