Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 February 2018

Friday Chit Chat



Well its Friday and it's time to think about a half day at work and what I am going to do this weekend.
Ah the excitement, I am not sure if I can contain myself!
I am sure that the weather will be against me so little chance of doing any work in the extensive grounds of chateau.
Maybe I will get the office/spare bedroom finished!

Yeah and maybe not!

Well as some of you will now be waiting with baited breath, lets get on with cricket news.

I am over the moon to hear that Dimitri Mascarenhas is coming back to these shores and will be the new Assistant Head Coach at Essex. he will be standing alongside former Tyke Anthony McGrath who stepped up to the role of Head Coach in November.

Exciting times for the champs as they are daily strengthening their on and off field teams.

And now to Yorkshire.

Well now, it is coming to something when  one of our best spin bowlers has decided that he will no longer be playing red ball cricket.
Yes Adil Rashid has made the decision.

Firstly this begs the question, why are Yorkshire allowing this?

Secondly, is this his run for franchise fame.

Its a rum turn of events and not something that many of us saw coming.
Is this the start of players making counties  allow them to only play in the matches that they themselves want to.

Its a slippery slope and mark my words its just the start.

Will he be missed?
Well only time will tell, but I have faith in  the Chairman when he says that we have talent coming through.

I think that we need a shake up in the team. Get the youngsters to give the  others a run for their money.
Some will no doubt be spending the season playing a few games and commentating (badly) for the rest.
That's all I have to say, well actually there is a lot more but I hardly have time this morning,

Tyke Turncoat Aaron Finch and his Aussie compatriot Glenn Maxwell will be missing the opening match of the IPL season as it clashes with Finchs wedding. Maxwell is the Master of ceremonies.
Finch said that when he saw the fixtures he knew that he couldn't miss his wedding ( no shit!), it would be a bit tough leaving Amy at the alter. wouldn't it?
Like all cricketers wives, I'm sure that Amy knows the score.

New Zealia and Australia are now in action I will be listening at my desk, which I am heading off to now.
New Zealia are currently 76-0 after opting to bat,

Happy Friday,
Its nearly champers o' clock







No comments :