Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 February 2018

End of the working week






Well we are at the end of the working week and its been a bit of a week in cricket.

Firstly lets talk about Billy Stanlake,
 I was bleating on about him a couple of  seasons ago, before he was caught up in the International circuit. He is now coming to Yorkshire for the T20 season and I, for one hope that he plays all the matches that he is supposed to play.
I want you to understand that in no way am I against this signing, but the amount of Australian players we have had through the gates at St Michael's Lane, who then are restricted in their playing, is a few too many.
I go with Martyn and Galeys decision and support it whole heartedly, although there is a tiny space which, understandably, has a bit of doubt.
I am not of the mind that Billy Stanlake will win us the T20 trophy as I have seen bandied around. One man does not a team make, however lets hope that he brings something that will be a little bit magical.

Cricket Canada have been the latest country to embrace the franchise based T20 with the birth of 'Global T20 Canada' ( that just trips off your tongue!).
The whole set up was masterminded by India's Mercuri Group in association with Cricket Canada and has been approved ( obviously) by the ICC, and is set to take place this year.
Ranjit Saini, Cricket Canada President, said that the T20 league had the potential to change Canadian cricket forever.
'Ah yes' said Lady Lainey, chief moaner about T20  destroying cricket, 'and money has nothing to do with it'.
One of these sides will comprise  only West Indian players alongside 4 Canadian nationals!!
Good luck with it all, I'm backing ' The Montreal Mounties' ( and if that name appears I will sue, you saw it here first).

The whole 'preferred ball colour' debate rattles on here in the UK, as Moeen Ali has his say.
I fear that this is going to split cricket irretrievably and this makes me very sad.
I have watched or been involved in cricket all of my '21' years and my love of the County Championship far outweighs warm beer and Shergar burgers on Friday night at T20 games.
However my voice is too small to be heard and most of you must be bored of me banging on about it now.


I am off to lunch at the Houndgate Townhouse (nice) this afternoon and then a late afternoon at the cinema.
The Ferrari is then being put into the garage for who knows how long as he is off on travels again.
I have not even asked where to this time, it is all too familiar and never ends well!
I will just be heading home to possibly put up a bit of wall paper before bed.

Rock and Roll!


Happy Friday













No comments :