Powered By Blogger

Saturday 3 February 2018

Chilly Saturday






Well now, I have been awake for a couple of hours but due to having a ( stupid) venture out to the recycling bin in my dressing gown, I decided that it was too cold to get up and put the electric blanket back on and snuggled down.

I am now typing this from the warmth of my bed and listening to the Tri Series on radio 5 live sport.

I have to get up as I have things to do,but hey 30 minutes more won't hurt. And as I have just refilled my coffee cup what better way to savour french ground coffee than blogging and cricket.

So I have just heard Billy Stanlake the super tall boy, take Australia's first wicket.

Right on to other cricket news if there is any,

Faf du Plessis is out for the foreseeable future with a finger injury.

WOOOOOOO Guptil just gone , Stanlake is on fire!

Sorry back to other news

Adelaide Strikers got through to the Big Bash final tomorrow , winning by 1 run, I have to say I was listening at my desk and it was really exciting towards the end, real edge of your seat stuff.
So that match will make for some morning listening tomorrow as I hang more wallpaper.

However it is still up in the air as to whether Travis Head will be available for the Strikers.

And another wicket for Australia. Stanlake is 3-16  in the 4 over!

The severe drought in South Africa has now led to cancellation of all club and school cricket matches. There is no irrigation allowed with municipal drinking water, so no watering of plants etc.
I have to say that this is something that we rarely have here in the UK, ( 1976 was a bad year ) our cricket season is usually 'blessed' with plenty of precipitation!

David Willey had a great day yesterday, nearly becoming the first England player to hit 6 6's. Heres hoping that he stays fit for the season.


Right, time to put one foot out of the duvet and see if it is warm enough to make the effort to get up!

Have a great Saturday.

I hear the pasting table and wallpaper calling to me ( I am going to attempt to finish the bathroom and spare bedroom this weekend)



No comments :