Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 February 2018

Another week beckons



Well here we go again, but this week I have a bit more of a spring in my step, as I have secured tickets to see Def Leppard in December, which has made me 'tres' happy.
I also might be meeting up with Fun Sophie and El Tel BEFORE the start of the cricket season, so that makes me even happier.

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy and  I made a lot of progress, as I painted the front of the house ( ground floor only), used the power tools and put up the trellis for the honeysuckle ( which has been here as long as the house has).
I planted a mock orange in the extensive grounds and  tidied up the hydrangea nursery.
3 loads of washing done and date and apple chutney made. Lots of things were put onto ebay and I still managed to get food prepared for the week and have a nap.

Needless to say I was in bed and asleep before 10pm!

I wanted to change the curtains in the lounge, but that is a job that I can do this week, when I get home from work.

Now onto other things,
cricket,

England won against New Zealia BUT failed to make the final of the Tri Series, which makes it an Antipodean 'do' on Wednesday.

Interesting to hear Trevor Bayliss and his views on T20i cricket.

'Scrap it' he says.
'If there is a World Cup every 4 years, let them play 6 months before' he says.
'Leave it to the franchises' he says

And there you have it!

Another big up for the Franchise Scheme!!!!

It seems that JP Duminy is having a bit of a rant, as he says that  batting has been the down fall of the team, especially by the senior members of the side in the  first match of the series in India yesterday.
He thought that they had a decent chance in the runchase, but it was not to  be.
I'm thinking that he is taking his Captaincy very seriously!

With Abraham Benjamin out of the T20i series with a knee injury, du Plessis and de Kock on the bench too,  this is a chance for South Africa to bring on the youngsters and work at building a stronger team.
I doubt that we will see Dale 'the stare' Steyn play at International level again ( mores the pity) and AB is on the physios table more than the tour bus.
Its time for changes I think.

Ireland beat The Netherlands, as they continued in the build up to next months World Cup qualifiers.
 Boyd Rankin had figures of  4-38.
They take on Scotland on Tuesdy in a warm up match

I meanwhile, have a full on week, at work and at home as I try to do next weekends work in the evening after work.
Reason being, I am way to 'Ponte Carlo' for the weekend.

I also think that I might have found one 'perfect' chest of drawers, I will be looking at them tomorrow evening.

Now I am heading to the A167 and as the schools are back after half term, it will be a nightmare journey for another 5/6 weeks!

Have a great day 





No comments :