Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 February 2018

a trip down memory lane



After seeing a picture of the beautiful cricket ground at Collingham  Cricket Club in Nottinghamshire, which sparked some wonderful memories of a trip there to watch Notts 2nd XI take on Hants 2nd XI  back in 1993. I decided to have a wander through the memories of other charming 'out grounds' that I have visited.

Having been to nearly all County Grounds, I realised that I had also visited a lot of out grounds watching 2nd XI matches over the years.

I have a number of favourites, and have decided that over the next couple of seasons I am going to revisit some of these.
I will be taking with me my trusty 'Wisdon Book of Cricket Grounds' written by my friend Will. I used this when I travelled around all those years ago.
The book is still in print and the drawings of the grounds where all done by Will's Dad, Peter who I was lucky enough to work alongside when I worked at MTS.

Talking cricket, England are currently bowling in their game against New Zealia ( as it is known here in the Chateau). Liam Plunkett is brought back into the team and the score is currently 56-1.

I read with horror and dismay that Jos Buttler thinks that T20 could trigger the demise of other formats of the game ( something that I have been banging on about for goodness knows how long). He obviously has been reading the blog!
He talks about how T20 will never test you like test cricket, well that is patently obvious. 5 days v 3 hours!!!!
He is however alluding to injury and fitness. I think it is about looking for making quick money with as little effort as possible,
Strange that he is excelling in T20i and not so at Test level.

As you know I am a firm campaigner for the longer form of the game.

SAD!!!!

Sad also to hear that Imran Tahir had been racially abused whilst playing against India.
This is a sorry state of affairs and something that should never be part of cricket.

Sad to hear of more financial woes which may affect Zimbabwe. it appears that is could impact on the upcoming series against Pakistan.
Money has been a major problem for this international team, if you haven't read 'The Good Murungu' by Alan Butcher, it tells of some of the problems he faced when coaching the squad.

Well time to get on the road, it is half term so the roads are better than normal, which begs the question, how much traffic do school runs really generate?

And the hypnotherapy last night.
Very interesting and relaxing, as for the rest  we will have to wait to see how it pans out.


No comments :