Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 December 2017

Its Saturday .....



Saturday, cold but very bright and sunny,. so I think that a jaunt to the town is the order of the day.

I am trying to get everything sorted today and then can get on with packing tomorrow, ahead of another full on 3 days at work.

yesterday saw the Office Xmas lunch, which took place in a country pub about 2 miles from the office, lovely food and a great afternoon, then I was in the car and off to deliver presents and cards locally, by the time I got home I was ready for bed.
I decided that although it was only 7.30pm I would head off and watch a DVD and then go to sleep., well that was the plan.

Fell asleep without a DVD and was  woken a couple of hours later, not  by 'eedjit' over the road with the car, but by  home delivery service of food, I am not sure if it was Tesco or who it was, but I was not best pleased, and got up to make a drink
 I was still awake when the cricket started.

However that was such a sorry affair for English cricket that I switched the electric blanket on and nodded off,. I woke up in time to hear  Mitchell Marsh get his century, and then Smith his double century.

England are currently getting a master class in batting with Smith on 217 and Marsh on 175.

One wicket fell today and that was Shaun Marsh.

are there any positives to come from this?

I am positive that the Urn is not coming home.

In other news, 'Nora' Batty has stood down as Surrey club captain and will be replaces by Rory Burns.
good luck Rory.
I am sure that this will not make 'Nora' any quieter, probably quite the opposite.

right I am off to the town, and then home to do washing and housework.

Happy Saturday





No comments :