Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 December 2017

It's Christmas Eve



Greetings on Christmas Eve, I am late posting as I have been very busy this morning. I went out for a lovely stroll through the town and back to the Chateau. It was quiet and there were not many peope around.

The thing that I find really refreshing is that unlike Blighty, Xmas here in France is not so in your face. Yes there are decorations in the streets, but there is not the constant bombardment in every shop window.

Strange on Christmas eve not to see men running around in a full on frenzy looking for pressies for all their loved ones!

All is calm!

After breakfast the Dame and I decided to have another walk up.  we walked  around the town and then into the centre, where we headed into the bar to partake of some champers. Well come on it would have been very rude not to.

I have been catching up on all thing cricket  ( and prehaps wished I hadn't).

There is lots of 'fighting' talk going on, its all for show, llike peacocks strutting around flluffing up there tails to show who  look best!!!!

Mitchell Starc and Craig Overton are both out of the fourth test.

Much is being made of Joe Roots captaincy.

lots of talk about the  upcoming test.

and then there is a matter of T10!

What the Donald Duck?????!!!!!

I know what it is, but I cannot even begin to think of it as cricket, more like tip and run!

Best not to think too much on this until  am back in the UK.

We are now preparing to head into town for the arrival of Pere Noel, he willl be arrivng about 5pm.

Then it will be home, a spot of wine and TV and bed before the big day.

Which will involve going too church and posssibly the lake.

It is all go here I can tell you.

As I may not have time to blog tomorrow, I would like to wish all readers a Very Merry Christmas, and hope that you all have a  lovely day however you spend it.

I'll be back soon.





No comments :