Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 November 2017

nearer to the weekend



It's Thursday, the dining room is looking less bare and I am moving on at a  rate of knots ( sort of) in the decorating thing.
Its all go here  and with the start of birthday things this weekend, I need to get a wriggle on.

Work is good and I am ploughing my way through the 18 months of backlog, which is great a huge relief.
Who would believe that I am now into my 5th month.

Working with a great team helps and I am not only learning Afrikaans ( albeit the naughty words) I am now moving onto Russian, my new favourite phrase is a drinking  salute which is hilarious.

We do have a radio and we do have singing, Ray who speaks Russian is the leading of the songs and he knows all the words( a blessing in itself). he is our own special 'Raydio'

Today is my assistant, Elaines'  birthday, so it should make for a good day.

In cricket it is good to see the ECB tourist aiming for glory, I am guessing that is in the 'Best tan' category or maybe ' reader of the most books'!

After Joe Root said there is not a drinking culture within the England team, it has been announced that the team have agreed sensible drinking rules! Lets see how long that lasts?

a nice piece on the BBC website about the 'other' Ryan Sidebottom, but in reality there is only one Ryan Sidebottom. end of!

Notts continue to firm up their team for greater success this coming season, as they signed Chris Nash.

 The Aussies are talking about 'body language' in there run up to the Ashes, which makes a change from other things that they usually talk about.


I am now heading out the door.

Have a cracking Thursday, the weekend is just working hours away.



No comments :