Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 November 2017

Another day begins



Another day begins and after the  fun of yesterday it is back to meetings and lots of work.

I had decided that instead of taking cake to work for my colleagues I would take a selection of cheese and crackers and lots of home made chutney, well that kept them quiet and full most of the day and also helped me to get through some of the tons of chutney that I had made.

The results in on the 3 types of chutney on offer were that they were all good, which for someone that doesn't eat it, was excellent to hear.


Food was also causing a problem in cricket, during a Sheffield Shield match in Australia, Nathan Lyon decided to make himself some toast which set off the fire alarms and caused the  Stuart Law stand to be evacuated!
 Luckily the match was able to continue after the Fire Brigade had given the all clear.
Lyon is Australia's first choice  test spinner so lets hope he doesn't get peckish during the test!

No news on the county front and I know that we are all waiting for the release of the fixtures, which will cause lots of excitement and Booking.com to crash!

In my huge house  clear out I found my old china tea set, which had given me many hours of joy when I was a child, it had seen more 'orange squash' tea parties than I care to mention.
I toyed with sending it to the charity shop but knew that if I saw it I would have to buy it back. I was chatting to my assistant Elaine at work and she was talking about her Grand daughter Jessica and what they do when she comes to stay. I offered her the tea set and yesterday got a beautiful note and picture from Jess to say thank you.

it really made my day and I am pleased to know that it is being used and loved as much as when I had it.

I am now off to pack my new handbag for work, don my new earrings, put on my new face cream and have a glug of gin( only joking) before I head out the door.

The stunning bouquet that arrived when I got home is so fragrant that you can smell it right through the house.

Well off I go, hope that you all have a wonderful day.


No comments :