Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 October 2017

half way through



Well we are half way through the week and I am now trying to  get my plans in action for the weekend.
I still have to get myself into a proper routine with the new job, I guess it will all fall into place when I finally feel as if I have got us back on track, until them I will soldier on.

What I have been doing is, in the run up to the fixtures being released,is making a list of grounds I would like to visit.
As I have done all county grounds and a heck of a lot of their secondary grounds, I am going  to try to get to some matches at grounds I haven't been to.
I have travelled to some lovely grounds for 2nd XI matches in the past with some faves being 'Knowle and Dorridge CC' in Warwickshire. Collingham CC in Nottinghamshire where the ladies made the most amazing lunch! And the wonderful ground at Todmorden.
I feel some trips back to these grounds on the cards.

However still a little while to wait for the fixtures and then the mad scramble to sort out hotels and flights.

In the cricket news, it was a sad day for Middlesex yesterday as their appeal against the deduction of points failed and they have been relegated. It was a sad end for the former champions. To be honest it could have been my boys as well we know.

I am however pleased that it is all cut and dried without any legal proceedings from Somerset. I fear that this could have caused bad feeling indeed.

I'm also waiting on some news on some of my fave overseas players coming over to the UK next season. That will be worth a few outings.

Good news for my Barramundis as they ( along with my other faves The Netherlands) have made it to the Cricket World Cup Qualifiers  in 2018. Scotland still have to get through.

 As we are trying to tidy up after the odd weather that has hit us in the last couple of days ( the far side of the extensive grounds took a battering but luckily the 'Boule de Neige' and Hortensia Blanc are fine), we seem to be having warmer temperatures than some days in the 'summer'.
Over in the Champagne region they were in the 20's yesterday.

Ah well I think that it is time to head out and get the day started properly.

Its a calm and peaceful morning and I feel exactly the same.

Lets do Wednesday.





No comments :