Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 October 2017

Five Years



It is truly hard to believe that it is now five years since we lost the wonderful Bruce Ritchie. One of the most interesting men that I have ever  known, and a true cricket fan.
What would he have made of all the 'mucking about' with international cricket?

Would he have made the journey to Chester le Street?He often talked about the ground as it was the nearest test arena  to him after he retired back to Scotland.

Would he have been backing those boys in blue and tartan?

As many of his friends will know, he not only left everyone with a great memories of his love of English, cricket and digestive biscuits, but also left a legacy in the books that he collected over the years.

Five  years on Bruce is still fondly remembered and greatly missed.

Well I have checked the cricket news and sadly there is nothing new to report.

so here is a run down of my Saturday

Went to town, posted stuff to France and bought some leeks.

Came home, then  BKOTF took me out to lunch and gave me my birthday present ( a month early)

Back home finished off making something special.

Did a spot of 'undercoating'

Sat down to watch rubbish TV and didn't get up again until bedtime!

Now I have to get a wriggle on as I have to take Mr Funky the chauffeur to Durham as he is going off 'rambling'.

I may well paint the front of the house when I get back

I only said 'may'.

Happy Sunday







1 comment :

ricky said...

Did you have a nice lunch ? The present is fabulous
Oh & forget painting today