Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 October 2017

Cricket is on


I am currently scribbling this and listening to the coverage of the woman's Ashes  tour match. The second ODI is underway  and Australia are batting , with one win already under their belts they are currently (6.08am)  103-1 with 28 overs left.

After much speculation Moeen Ali has signed a 5 year contract with Worcestershire  seeing him staying at New Road until 2022.

Sussex have parted company with their coach mark Davis, who has been with the club since 2015.

'Felt pen boy' has scribbled his name on another contract with Surrey seeing him staying there until the end of 2020.

You know you are 'knocking on' when you read about the Zimbabwean head coach and remember when he came to Hampshire as a young pup. Not me you understand, just writing that bit for 'a friend'!!!

Sad to read that a groundsman in India has been sacked after agreeing to tamper with a pitch ahead of the  India v New Zealand ODI in Pune.
Just not cricket.


Well I am wide awake now but if any of you can interpret dreams I would be interested to know what you make of the one I had last night.

I was at a corporate golf day ( yes golf!) with chums Sophie and Jim, we were playing with a cricket ball instead of a golf ball and my cricket ball was double the size of the others and also coming away at the seams  ( bit like me really ). I kept losing my ball in the rough and decided to head to the bar with Sophie, where we met the Brownlee brothers, resplendent in lycra!!
Jim came into the bar, and although we were calling to him, he couldn't see us.
Then I woke up!

I don't eat cheese so that can't be to blame.
It sure was a weird one and the first one I have remembered in a long time.

And finally, very sad news yesterday that my best friend Chris had lost Sheba her 12 year old German Shepherd. Sheba had been brought into the family to be a guard dog, but the only worry you had was to have left the house considerable covered in doggy kisses.
She was a very sweet natured dog and loved by everyone.
I like to think that she is now running with her 'brothers' Tyson and Harley.

Very sad news.

And with that I am off to finish the transformation to 'work girl' and head out the door.





No comments :