Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 October 2017

battered



well now what a strange day we had yesterday, after full on weather warnings about Hurricane Ophelia,it was strangely warm when I went to get 'Steve Austin' out of the garage to head to the office, it was a normal drive in and then as the morning wore on the sky took on strange colours, from grey hazy to pink hazy.

I nipped to Morrison's at lunchtime and noticed that the colony of seagulls that live on the roof of our block were unusually quiet, in fact they were non existent, usually we run the gauntlet of being dive bombed by them!

Late afternoon we suddenly had a breakthrough of sun, we hadn't seen it all day  and it was not as rd or orange as being reported on Twitter.
A strange day but nothing to the night that we had put over, with wind battering us.

I wonder what I encounter on my way into the office!

In cricket there is great news that Big Luke Fletcher is about to return to training with Notts. This is fabulous  news after the horrific injury that he sustained in July.
Here at the chateau we are wishing him all the best in his return.

Leicestershire announced that they have  a new coach and it is none other than their former wicket keeper Paul Nixon.
Paul has been coaching out in the CPL and now will take on the new role, which I am sure will be watched with great interest.

Well it is very blowy and I am thinking that it might be a bit of a drive up the 167, so I think that I need to head off.

Have a great day,take care and be safe.






No comments :