Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 October 2017

An extra hour in bed



Well I got an extra hour in bed this morning, which meant that I woke up at 4.15am, I did however turnover and sleep through until 7am. I am getting very lazy of late.

We had a very blustery day yesterday that was topped off with a night of rain, I am sad to say that winter is well and truly on its way.
Today has dawned quite calm and I am about to try to get some washing out on the line before any change occurs.

In cricket news Surrey have got more players to extend contracts, with Stoneman, Foakes, Roy and Tom Curran staying put for  at least another 3 seasons.

The England team set off down under and with them the hopes if England that they will win the Ashes. There is still no resolution to the Stokes problem. Maybe this week something will be decided.

Good news on the seagull front though. They have all disappeared, my guess that they got blown back to the coast by the strong winds of yesterday.

Today is all about getting sorted and hopefully getting the new curtain pole up in the dining room and then the new curtains.

I am hoping that we get some cricket gossip this week, as I am sure my decorating, cooking and sorting out is wearing a bit thin now.

No matter how windy it was yesterday, it was a memorable day in the life of best cricket drinking chum Jim, as he married the lovely Lucy.

I wish them both much happiness.

I hope that Lucy still lets Jim come out to drink after cricket.

I also got some great chutney feedback from my 'food pro' Anthony. He sampled two chutneys, his favourite being crab apple.
Always good to hear a positive.

Right I am off to whip up some plum and apple chutney and another batch of xmas cakes.

have a great day

No comments :