Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 October 2017

All Hallows Eve



Well it is the last day of October and it is All Hallows Eve. Or Halloween as we like to call it.
I am not big on the Americanisation of the day, I am not into carving a pumpkin or going 'trick or treating'
Lets go back to Mums and Dads struggling to carve a turnip.

I do like the idea on some parts of the continent of tomorrow being a holiday for 'All Saints Day.

I remember well travelling by train to Valencia  on All Hallows Eve and having a very peaceful day in the city on November 1st, I also remember the kidneys on my breakfast plate but that is a whole different story!

When did we take on American ideas, we had plenty of our own for centuries?

I have noticed a worrying trend of 'Christmas Eve' boxes now appearing on my Facebook timeline.
What next?
Well enough of being grumpy lets see if we have any cricket news.

Tom Westley has extended his contract with the champions Essex, well you would wouldn't you?

Otis Gibson has not only taken up the mantel of coach with South Africa he is now also the bowling coach, whilst looking to bolster the coaching side it looks as if Otis is taking on all roles, wonder if he does the washing too?

Still no news on the Stokes front, it is taking a long time for this to be sorted.

Any speculation about my Morne coming to England on a Kolpak deal has been ended with him saying that he is looking toward the 2019 World Cup, great for South Africa, not so for me and it looks as if my lessons in Afrikaans has gone  to have gone to waste!

Dankie Morne!

well the dining room is ready for the first paper hanging, I won't bore you with the soul searching over Laura Ashley v Colefax and Fowler. As it turns out B & Q came up trumps!

I am now wrapping up warm, yesterday saw the first frost here in the North  East of blighty and although sunny it was a jolly chilly day.

So thermals on and ready for the off.


geniet de dag.














No comments :