Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 September 2017

YEAY!!!! Friday



Its a cold dark Friday morning and  Autumn is definitely in the air. Yesterday consisted of torrential downpours and then brilliant sunshine, it was a mixed bag, I am guessing the same today.

A mixed bag is what we got in cricket too,
Essex beat Warwickshire and are now champions in waiting, its all very reminiscent of Lords a couple of seasons ago. Just having to wait on a result for confirmation.

Yorkshire put on a courageous display of batting to try to chase down nearly 600 runs, a half century by Hoddy, makes me wonder why he is so often overlooked?
TLJL hit 32 however HRR was stuck on a duck!, I was hoping that he would go out on a double century!!
Well stranger things have happened by bowlers!

This did not really help them as they had to follow on and were 59-1 at stumps.

I am sending rain down today.


Middlesex were not having a good time at all at Uxbridge ( which is something that I cannot say about the times I went with Harry ). Rain, ran and more rain.

Even though they beat us to the title last year I feel very sorry for the Southern boys!


the ECB have allowed Cook to rejoin Essex for the last two matches of the County Championship...........................well, well, well.

Obviously we will not be getting any of our boys back!

Lets not go through all this again though and just take it as a cert that if our lads play for England that's all they do!


well I have been invited to a wine and champagne tasting tonight and they have vegan selections too..

I might just pop along, it would be rude not too.

Now I am out the door and heading towards the 167.
happy Friday, its nearly the weekend




No comments :