Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 September 2017

What a difference a day makes!



well now, by the time I had walked around Headingley shop and back to the ground the morning was looking a lot brighter, well it wasn't raining and there were patches of blue sky.

The teams were on the field and all looked good to go.

I had a quick chat with John and  took my seat. Jim was running late so I settled back to watch the play as Yorkshire went into bat.

Now, a Middlesex bowler was positioned right in front of me, by the time that Jim came we were all having a natter. I have to say that this young man  chatted to us throughout his time over at 'cow corner' and between his bowling spells.

He was James Harris and although playing for the opposition, he was great fun. A credit to his club.

We lost Marsh and Lyth and even Captain GB couldn't pull off his usual heroics.

TLJL came to the crease  and got himself settled,  then everyone's favourite, Hoddy came in and these two set about playing a fabulous innings.
TLJL was first to 50, followed by Hoddy. We were on our feet clapping and cheering.

Hoddy fell at 50, but TLJL motored on. sadly he fell on 85 and I can tell you there were tears over on the boundary. They had however given our boys a great chance.

Stumps saw us on 317-7.

It was a lovely day and we were joined by Christine and Gary popped over to say hi too.

I would like to say thank you to TLML for coming over to see me at lunchtime. It was lovely to catch up and I will see you in two weeks time.

Sadly I am back to work today ......................but I will be keeping an eye on what is happening at HQ.

all that is left to say is

COME ON YORKSHIRE!




No comments :