Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 September 2017

What a day!



Well now what a day it was yesterday.


Having seen Birmingham Bears go through to the final, I was settled for Hampshire v Notts.

I was on the fence!

And I was getting some very large splinters too!

it was great to see Michael Carberry back with Hampshire.


When Samit Patel took Afridis wicket with the first ball I was screaming 'SAMIT' which was unfortunate as at that moment the window cleaner decided to call for his money!!!
The look he gave me spoke volumes and I think that I may be looking out of foggy windows in future!


However it was not to be Hampshire's  day as Notts made it through to the final.

Everything was set, dinner made and all settled to watch, but we were subjected to a 'sing off'' between Bumble and 'Stumble'!

This really is dumbing down T20.

Listening to the commentators saying  that T20 is the way forward for domestic cricket also filled me with sadness, the County Championship is now a dinosaur if they are to be believed. And considering that most of them are in their spot because of CC and International cricket is worth them remembering.

Anyhooo!!!

Final begins and Notts were batting, losing 3 wickets in less than 5 overs was devastating however Taylor and Patel ploughed on and Notts finished on 190-4.

Bears in and I was finding it hard to watch. 2 wickets fell before the 3rd over and then Hain dug in!.

It went down to the wire and a brilliant win for the lads in green.

Edgbaston holding horrible memories for them, as it was were Bug Luke suffered his season ending injury, he was however there and I guess he will have a sore head this morning for a different reason!

well done to all the teams for  making it a great day.

Well done Notts and now I am back to stripping beds and  doing housework.







No comments :