Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 September 2017

rain rain go away






After a very wet drive to Headingley yesterday the weather did not get any better.

I arrived at the ground and had a chat with Ray who is still working at the football stand end  although it will be his last season working at the ground.

Then I popped up to have a chat with Cally, nipped to the club shop and then sat with Steve and waited for the cricket to begin.

It didn't!

The Umpires obviously had a date with  a golf club.

Steve and I headed down to a local club and had a pint then I hit the shops and ended up in the French Cafe , having a bit of a chin wag with the owner.

It was not how I had planned my day but it was a good alternative.

The rain hit a lot of the matches yeaterday which makes me feel a little better.


Yorkshire have announced that they have signed Kraigg Brathwaite for the last two county championship matches. That should shake things up a bit.

News in that England will host Australia in limited overs matches next season in between test with India and Pakistan,

Ill be gettiing my ticket for that.

I am however hoping that I see some cricket today,  although judging by the look of the sky I would say that it is very doubtful.

I think that I will be heading back up the A1 a very unhappy lapin.







No comments :