Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Midweek already



So here we are and it is Wednesday already, cold and dark this morning and I am preparing for it to get colder and darker.
Yesterday was a full on busy day with lots of work and then a foraging expedition after work, into the woods that back onto the office.
We walked up to the 'Brick Train , a sculpture based on The Mallard,  The sculpture has just celebrated its 20th birthday, and is also a haven for bats.

We then walked through the woods and collected lots of berries and apples that are growing wild.

What had started as a cold morning ended as a glorious evening with blue skies.

Over in cricket world

Yorkshire were bowling and Brooks  starting the wickets tumbling.
It was looking a if I should cancel my hotel for Thursday evening, but as it is my last trip to Headingley  this season ,I am still debating it, I have until lunchtime today to think about it.

Matthew Fisher and Ben Coad took  5 & 2 wickets respectively and we can see that although we are losing HRR, the bowling future is looking bright!
Warwickshire were all out for 219 after Bell and Patel put on runs.

Odd to see Ryan Sidebottom on the field, not the 'real' one I hasten to add, as we know he is injured. But an 'imposter' playing for Warwickshire.
Sad that we won't see  R Sidebottom bowl R Sidebottom, would have been great.

In reply, Yorkshire lost K Brathwaite before stumps and closed on 62-1.

Middlesex seemed to be in trouble early on in their game, but a spirited fight back by Toby Roly Poly and the lovely Ollie Rayner, helped the cause.

England were in ODI action and after a rain affected start they  won by 7 wickets with a great century by JB himself.

Durham announced that Paul Coghlan is leaving them ( and joining Notts). I wonder who else will be leaving before we close the season, I've already put a tenner on one more of them.

I am now off to  do my last day at work this week and then no more hols until Xmas.

its goign to be long 3 months.





No comments :