Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 September 2017

late again



Well I am late with the blog again but I have been busy this morning, I took extra bags on my walk after spotting blackberries still around, so I returned home with rosehips, blackberries, sloes and elderberries.

Yesterday was a full on cooking day as I made elderberry and apple chutney, rehashed some crabapple chutney with some spicy plum. Yes the chutney shelf is looking very full at the moment.

My early morning walks are lovely, the town is quiet and I meet only a few dog walkers, I am covered in paw prints from a very friendly spaniel this morning who nearly jumped into my arms!

I should have been preparing to head off south today to meet Sophie but the weather forecast is not too good, so we decided to abandon our plans, however we will be meeting up soon.


It was a good day for England yesterday as they beat the West Indies to win the series, now we are heading to the T20's

There will be no new faces in the Ashes squad according to the coach, so hopefully we will have a strong and fit team.


Middlesex have been deducted points for a slow  over rate in their match against Surrey which is not helping their cause as they try to stay in Div 1.

This was the match with the cross bow incident.

My lads are off to Surrey this week and I am expecting nothing but an outstanding win.
HRR starts on 761 FC wickets I am not sure that he is going to get 39 before the end of the season but I am sure he will give it his all.

That's what I love about him, he may have slowed up in the last couple of seasons and been hit by injury, but he never fails to perform for the club. A true trooper and one that is going to be missed.

Right I am off before I start blubbing ( again), I think someone should run a book on how many boxes of tissues I get through in the last days of the last home game!


No comments :