Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 September 2017

it's a very sad Fryanday



well it is finally here, the last day of the last home match of the season and what should have been HRR's last ever home game, however injury put paid to that and we just have to hope that we see the elusive curly haired one before he retires.

It is too sad to contemplate!

I do wish HRR well in his future exploits and know that we will still be seeing him around  Headingley.

However today is also very important for the rest of the team and for every one that loves Yorkshire to the core, we need 119 to win, I can predict I will have very sore hands today as I will be clapping every possible run!

Middlesex had a great win yesterday with Finny taking 8 wickets.


It really is going to the wire!

now a 'fiunny' thing happened when I got to HQ....................my chair had gone!

Well I was very put out to say  the least,however not content with removing my seat, they then started to dismantle the chairs around where I had taken up residence!
I had to resort to sitting in the Long Room but was looking over my shoulder in case they came for my chair in there too.

I had a wonderful day with Mark and we caught up on all the things we had missed since last seeing each other.
Today will be sad as it will be over 6 months until we can catch up again.

Now I am heading out for my morning ramble around the ground to see whats is going on, and then it will be time!!!


Very big day ahead, tinged with sadness.




No comments :