Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 August 2017

What a day!





well now, I am lying in bed in my hotel thinking about getting up and heading off home, which will coincide with everyone arriving at Headingley for the 3 rd day of the test.

It's going to be some day!!

Yesterday started off well as I headed down the A1 arrived at my hotel and parked up  getting into the ground by 9.30am

No queueing  at The St Micheals Lane end and I sailed through the bag check, so I headed up to the Long Room, had a chat with the lovely Geoff Cope and was given a lovely amount of licks from Lester the dog..

Found my seat and was settled with a pint by 9.50am!

Christine arrived and was on her own as Clare was ill, quick catch up and then Susan made it in time for the start of the game.

Now then, to say that the West Indies made England suffer is an understatement, to say the West Indies chipped away is very true,

Appeal after appeal went by, the runs were racking up, Kraig Brathwaite hit a century with an amazing six and the stadium stood to applaud it.

Shai Hope hit a century, this looked like a very different team from last week.
When Brathwaite was bowled by Stuart Broad, I don't think that there was one person at Headingley not on their feet, and he left the field with great dignity, acknowledging the whole ground. What a great player.


England were being thwarted  though and although they dismissed Chase, Shai Hope will be back at the crease this morning on 147.

The weather also did not let us down, with the exception of a slight shower early on, the sun came out in the afternoon and resulted in many of us getting a little tan!

I headed back to the hotel and had a bath!!
Yes the first bath since March!

I think I fell asleep earlier than expected but that is what a good days cricket and 9 hours of fresh air do for you.

Well best get up, have a cuppa and then head home for the joys of decorating, yes I really do have to do it this weekend, also need to get the masonry paint on the way home!

I will however be  TMS'd throughout the house and have the TV on downstairs  just to keep up with whats happening.

For those of you going today, have a brilliant time.

Ah well best get on my way




No comments :