Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 August 2017

Early start



I was out of bed, showered and hair washed by 5am this morning as its an early start today, lots to do before I head to work.

Last night involved putting things in my bag for next week, and settling down to watch some cricket, which true to form was rain affected.
The T20 Blast this year seems to be suffering from non summery weather!
Will Yorkshire get a full match tonight?
I have everything crossed that we will get a game and a win, we need it.

Rain affected the West Indies match against Essex, but not before Kemar Roach  took 3-17. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action  later this month.

I read the article on the BBC website about Dermot Reeve and how drugs ruined his life.
Of the same club and era, is the book 'Wasted' by the Paul Smith.
This was a book that I read in nearly one sitting, it was a very sad tale, from Championship winning player to sleeping rough America, the downward spiral that was his life.
well worth a read.

Current books on the beside table are  'Pommies' by William Buckland, 'The D'Oliveira Affair' by Basil D'Oliveira and ' The Magicians Nephew' by C S Lewis!!!


This week has been full on for foreign phone chats, a one hour time difference phone chat to my sister back in the Champagne region, to keep up on the details of the move into the new abode, it will be great once the furniture finally arrives from storage.
She is settling into French life brilliantly and loving it, which is the main thing.

A couple of calls with 6 & 10 hour time differences to catch up with friends and I am fully up to date with all the gossip.

Nothing better than a good old catch up.

Well I am  now about to  finish off here at home and then head off to the office.

have a great Thursday






No comments :