Powered By Blogger

Saturday 26 August 2017

Day out




well I am up, the food is packed and I am about to hit the shower and then get on my way to HQ for a day watching England take on the West Indies.

However before that, I am reeling to see that Hampshire have loaned out the lovely Michael Carberry to Leicestershire for the last 4 county championship games. He will return to the Hampshire squad for finals day next weekend.

So back to the test yesterday. if  Twittter was to be believed at 10am yesterday we were all looking for England to walk over the Windies.

England went into bat and before I even had time to think about my lunch, Cook , Westley and Stoneman were gone!
The Windies looked like a much improved team from last week.
Jonny B could not perform on home turf and went for 2.
Stokes got a century and England were all out for 258.

The Windies were 19-1 at stumps.


Last night saw the QF of T20 with Surrey playing Birmingham Bears.

Ah yes 'HWMNBNITB' was crowing that it would be 'walk in the park' for Surrey.

not so and Surrey ended up walking the plank as the Bears made it to finals day.

For the second night running their was controversy over a catch, similar to the one taken the night before by Peter Trego, this time a 'not out' decision was given and boos were heard ringing out around  the ground.

So we know the line up for Finals Day.

Its a tough one for me as I am backing two of the teams and obviously they are playing each other in the Semi finals!!!!!!!

Well hopefully I will get a winner.


Right off to start up the limo and head off.
have a great day!

No comments :