Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Crickety evening



I set off from work  last night,to get home, dinner prepared and settled ready for the T20, and ended up having to take a very large detour due to various incidents on two of my potential routes home, so I made it through the door with minutes to spare.

Hampshire were in batting and I was keeping everything crossed
Afridi and Dickinson were in................................ and Afridi set about having  an absolutely brilliant innings.

100 from 42 balls before falling on 101, Vince hit 55 , and the lovely George Bailey  hitting 27, the boys from the south coast were looking good.

Saying that Afridi hit 100 off 42 balls does not really come close to what an amazing knock it was, his smile though said it all.

Hampshire closed on  249-8.

Derbyshire need 250 to win.

Having lost the top 3 batsmen before the 3rd over it was not looking good for them.

All out for 148 and Hampshire through to finals day.

Well if Yorkshire can't be there I have to back my second best team.

many happy memories of days at Northlands Road and Bournemouth and the United Services Ground at Portsmouth.

yes indeed happy days with great friends.

So tonight I will be heading home quick smart to  don my sparkles and platforms to cheer on @GlamCricket.

Now I have to head off to work as most of the 'boys' are at various sites and I am  virtually 'home' alone ( well apart boys in the workshop).

So happy Wednesday


No comments :