Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 August 2017

autumn is approaching.....



.....and we have yet to really have a sniff of summer!

This morning I went out at 5.30am for my walk and it was dark and damp and had that 'autumnal' smell in the air.
Darker days are on their way!

However sunnier days may be happening for The West Indies as they call in the 'big guns' for the T20 series. Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels, have been named in the squad after a 'temporary amnesty' between the union  and the cricket board.
its a shame that this could not have been sorted for the test team.
Things do not seem to rosy in the Caribbean cricket sector


In this country, great to see that Billy Root and 'Big' Luke Fletcher have signed new contracts with Nottinghamshire. Both of then agreeing to stay with the club for a further two years.
Fletch is on the mend now from the horrific accident which ended his season, but by all reports he is keeping his mate Dave Bracegirdle company in the comms box.

Brilliant news for both lads! ( Billy and Luke I mean not Luke and Dave!)

The next 4 nights are full on cricket nights as the QF's start.

Tonight I am donning my Hampshire shirt ( so to  my mates in that region, don't bother buying a Finals day ticket it will be kiss of death) and cheering my former besty team in the South.

Tomorrow I will be cheering Glamorgan, only because they have the best Twitter handle ever @GlamCricket, I tend to think of them in flares and platforms and wearing a mirrored top hat a la Dave Hill from Slade.
yes strange things  go on in my head sometimes!

Thursday, Pink Hippo and I will be cheering on Notts and on Friday we will just watch.

Ah well that is all to come, now I am heading off to do my thing.

2 months in and it seems to be falling into place.

Until tomorrow




No comments :