Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 July 2017

The working week begins again



So back to the office today after the long cricket weekend.

yesterday I rushed around after a very lazy lie in, getting sorted ready for 11am.

the sun was shining here in the North East of Blighty and also at Nottingham. Surely that was a good sign?
Even with a mammoth  run chase ahead of them, surely the boys could 'dig in'.

So they came out to bat and before I had even had time to make a cuppa, and hang my smalls on the line, Jennings was back in the pavilion.
its not been a great outing for this boy. I fear that if they hang onto him he may become the 'Roy' of the team.

It didn't get any better, Ballance took a knock on his finger ( which was scanned last night) and then was out 4. The Captain managed to double that and we were well and truly in the poo ( technical cricket term).
Could it get any worse?

Well yes!
With Cook, Bairstow Stokes and Moeen  being the only ones to get into double figures.


South Africa won by 340 runs

It was a sad say for England cricket however by all accounts it will be a grand day for the golf course today!

Time to move onto the Oval and learn some hard lessons from the weekend.

T20 tonight but not for my boys, who are not in action until Friday against Birmingham Bears.

I am going to try to get organised this evening when I get home from work and get the lawns cuts and the edges strimmed, however this will depend on how hot the day has been, there are a lot of lawns!

I also need to hack down the bushes at the side of the garage, these are not technically mine, but regardless of how many times I phone and email, the owners still do not deal with them. Some harsh hacking will be involved!


well that's all for this morning

have a great day and I hope that the sun is shining with you.







No comments :