Powered By Blogger

Monday 31 July 2017

back to work



Well its Monday and it rained all night, so its best to be prepared as I head off to work.

Rain was not the scourge of my Yorkshire boys yesterday, they were in Nottingham for T20.
after posting 223-5 in their innings, Notts were on the chase. and chase they did, with Alex Hales hitting a fine century and Notts won with 5 balls to spare.

The boys need to get their act together, I know they have been rained off, but we have a finals day to get to.

England were still at the crease at start of play at The Oval, finally declaring on 318-8.

South Africa are going to have to bat some today to chase down the runs.I think that we know that short of a miracle it will be an England win.

This should make the next test more exciting this week.


There is T20  every night from tomorrow with Yorkshire in action on Thursday and Friday.

I am trekking off to see the Friday game, when hopefully I will will be joined by 'James Bond' if he is not on covert operations.

I have a busy week at work ahead of two days off next week.

I have to say ( touch wood) that I am feeling better than I did this time last week and hope to stay this way.
I am hearing that lots of people are coming down with summer colds and fluy type things.
if you are one of them I wish you well.


This is super short as I need to get out the door and on the road pretty sharp.

there are roadworks at the Aycliffe village interchange, ( if you head that way you know the carnage it is).
And then just to add insult to injury they have set up roadworks at Beaumont/Harrogate Hill.
To most of you this means nothing, to me it means a miserable drive to the office.

Oh well, off I go.







No comments :