Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 June 2017

what a day

Well finally I have Wifi and am trying to get this posted asap,

its Sunday I am at HQ and Yorkshire look in a good position as we go into day 3.

The sun is shining and it looks to be a good day.

But lets back track to yesterday

I arrived at Headingley after a good drive down the A1 even with the roadworks.

The sun was shining as I took my seat and as I was trying to grab a cup of coffee one of the Lancashire coaches nipped over to the boundary to say good morning........very nice that was too!

The match started and Lyth and ballance resumed their innings, only for Captain GB to fall pretty soon.

I was full of expectation as TLJL took to the crease and he did his job as he helped Lythy onward.
Sadly no century for him but Lythy got there, slowly and then fell to Clark, Although it had been Mahmood who had been the scourge of the Yorkshire players.

Clare,Christine and Ellis came and full cricket mode was the order of the day.........along with lots of laughter and selfies.

Clare got a selfie with her all time hero Shiv Chanderpaul,
I got to view the posterior of my all time hero HRR at very close quarters.
And as Lancashire closed on 141-4 ( with HRR taking another wicket) I wandered to my hotel in a haze of fun and food.

It was a great day spent in great company.

And today is heading the same way.

And Hampshire are lookingvery strong too in their match!

On a sad note, I have to say that I am saddened that  a friendship that had been longstanding has been ended. This does make me feel very deflated, but I know that I will bounce back ( and the roundness of me makes bouncing very easy!).


I am moving onward.

And finally
Often when things are not looking good on the cricket front, I am sure that I am not the only one to 'walk a wicket'.

A new phenomenon occurred yesterday though ,as we found that it is possible to 'wee' a wicket!


best fill up on water before the start of play!


No comments :