Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 June 2017

Sunday and I'm busy already



Well its a cool and windy day here at the Chateau, I already  have the washing and the dishwasher on, so only the housework to start to tackle.
I am going to try to get ahead with the food for this week, as I am away Tuesday at cricket  and  will have a lot on at work as I try to get loose ends tied up before I leave on the 20th ( however as I tie up one loose end, office boys unravel another!).

Right lets see what was going on yesterday.

Well my own personal 'James Bond' at Taunton was keeping me up to date with what was going on( thank you James I will buy you a 'martini' when I next see you), and boy were things going on!!!!!

HRR only went and got his 750th FC wicket,  so maybe my 775 prediction for the end of the season is not asking too much. With an (up to now) season best of 5-56, he is still showing the youngsters how to do it.
The 5- for was his 30th!!
How on earth can he be replaced!
He may break down occasionally, but he always manages to come back stronger.
Its hard to think that the day is getting closer when he leaves the club.

It has also been brilliant to see Matthew Waite getting 2 wickets, the future is looking very bright ( regardless of what I wrote above)with the young bowlers, I am sure that HRR  knows the time is right for him to go and hang up his box!

So in summery. Somerset were all out for 224 a lead of 22.
Lyth and Lees went relatively early, and it took Peter Hanscomb with 57* to see us through to stumps with Captain GB.

It is building up for an exciting one I can tell.

So England were playing Australia yesterday, it was not raining at the start so that was  a boost for Australia.

England were bowling and with the early wicket of Warner it was down to Finch to hold the fort.
When he was gone, I was hoping for a Head and Maxwell show, but Maxi went for 20 whilst Travis made it through to the end scoring 71,

Apparently the catch on the boundary by Jason Roy was outstanding sadly........

In went Austalia and England were 3 wickets down when they were saved by rain ( 35-3). Roy was out 2nd ball for 4.
And still in the team???!!!

By  the time the rain had gone England came out fighting and won.
Well done to the boys.

However I do feel for Australia who have had all their matches spoilt by rain.
Well it is England and it is summer so there you go.

And go I must as I have lots to do.

Have a brilliant Sunday

and come on you Tykes!!!!!













No comments :