Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 June 2017

rain, rain and some more rain




well the rain yesterday was so persistent that I decided to head home just after (normal) lunchtime and spend the afternoon with Dame Didi., which we did watching DVD's of 'Wallander'!!

Yorkshire did get out to play an hour later than expected time, and Kumar Sangakkara passed his FC 1,000 runs for the season with  a knock of 180*

In reply it will be a struggle for Adam Lyth to hope to get that amount of runs at the moment with his form being very up and down.
The same can be said for Alex Lees, our openers seem to have lost their way slightly.

At stumps my boys were 27-1

So will the pink ball, flood lit games take off?

Well for me to get to them is pretty much the same as a normal county match, I would have to take holiday, I am still undecided about the late finish.

Its also not great for children, as it may be past the bedtime for some kiddies.

We will have to wait and see what the ECB decide.

News from Yorkshire that Will Rhodes is moving to Warwickshire.
we wish him the best of luck with that.

It is grey and overcast here in Ladylaineyville today and I am back to work.

it is the last day that Dame Didi is with me as she now begins the full on move to France, tonight Scarbados, tomorrow Folkstone and then the Champagne region.

Yes things are changing. Doors are firmly closing and we are moving onwards.

I am moving towards the door to head off to the office.

Until tomorrow keep warm and dry

No comments :